Paris, December ten, 2020
Atos today declared that it has been commended for its actions to deal with global warming by global non-profit business CDP, a person of the funding members of the Science Dependent Targets initiative, which drives companies and governments to cut down their greenhouse gasoline emissions. Atos has reached a location on CDP’s prestigious ‘A List’ for local weather transform for the seventh time, primarily based on the Group’s local weather reporting in 2020. Atos is amid the major 5% of 5,800+ companies scored all over the world, symbolizing half of the global market place capitalization.
Atos was regarded for its actions to mitigate local weather danger and to speed up the transition towards a decarbonized economy, focused on reducing the carbon footprint of its enterprise routines and embarking its ecosystem of purchasers, partners and suppliers on this journey.
“The 5th anniversary of the Paris Climate Agreement, having location this 7 days, reminds us of the urgency of having action to prevent global warming outside of the one.5°C concentrate on. Atos dedicated to net-zero carbon emissions by 2035 and we are on observe,” explained Philippe Mareine, Main Electronic & Transformation Officer, Head of CSR at Atos. “CDP’s recognition and our rank in the ‘A-list’ mirror our impactful actions to cut down our environmental footprint and engage our ecosystem in a virtuous circle of decarbonization,” he additional.
As leader in protected and decarbonized digital, Atos strengthened its environmental tactic in 2020 by committing to reduce by half its global carbon emissions (scopes one,2 and three in totality) in the next ten several years and obtain net-zero carbon emissions by 2035, a date which is 15 years ahead of the ambitious intention of the UN Paris Agreement on Climate Improve to restrict the global warming of the earth to one.5°C in contrast to pre-industrial levels (net-zero by 2050). Some of Atos’ important achievements include things like:
- Lowering its operational carbon intensity (tons CO2 / M€ ER[one]) down to 21 tCO2 / M€ ER (2019) and thus achieving the initially milestone of the SBTi 2oC 10 several years in progress
- Achieving carbon neutrality for the emissions below its command considering the fact that 2018
- Minimizing the electrical power use of our datacenters by 27% considering the fact that 2015
- Attaining the ISO 14001 certification in 89% of our main web pages (places of work and data facilities)
- Introducing in 2020 an inner carbon pricing (80 € / tons CO2) to push enterprise choices towards decarbonization
- Introducing binding contractual Decarbonization Level Agreements (DLAs) for its buyers
- Primary the European supercomputing market place by creating the most electrical power successful product or service line of supercomputers in the earth, BullSequana X. Moreover, Atos constructed the #one electrical power-successful device in the Leading a hundred most significant supercomputers in the earth, owned by the Jülich Supercomputing Centre in Germany
- Participating its suppliers and partners by way of bold decarbonization progress options to halve its Scope three emissions by fifty% by 2030 (2019 base line)
- Reinforcing its decarbonization skills by way of EcoAct acquisition and specialised startups (Tier One particular, Greenspector, Plan A) in its Scaler system.
Atos was amongst the signatories of the “Business Ambition for one.5°C” pledge, released in mid-2015 in the run-up to the Paris Climate Improve Convention. Atos has, amid other rankings, topped the DJSI index in its marketplace considering the fact that 2018 and was awarded “Platinum” by EcoVadis in 2020.
Obtain the launch in pdf
A thorough and unbiased methodology is made use of by CDP to assess these companies, allocating a rating of A to D primarily based on the comprehensiveness of disclosure, awareness and management of environmental challenges and demonstration of finest techniques connected with environmental management, such as placing bold and meaningful targets. Those people that really don’t disclose or provided inadequate information are marked with an F.
The full record of companies that created this year’s CDP A Checklist is obtainable listed here, alongside with other publicly obtainable firm scores: https://www.cdp.net/en/companies/companies-scores
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 staff members in 73 nations around the world and annual profits of € twelve billion. European quantity a person in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Efficiency Computing, the Group supplies end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Large Knowledge, Enterprise Purposes and Electronic Workplace alternatives. The Group is the Around the globe Information Technology Associate for the Olympic & Paralympic Online games and operates below the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), shown on the CAC40 Paris inventory index.
The function of Atos is to aid structure the long term of the information house. Its skills and expert services assist the progress of know-how, schooling and investigate in a multicultural method and lead to the progress of scientific and technological excellence. Throughout the earth, the Group allows its buyers and staff members, and members of societies at large to dwell, operate and create sustainably, in a risk-free and protected information house.
Push call: Marion Delmas | [email protected] | +33 6 37 63 ninety one ninety nine
[one] Exterior profits