The Black British Enterprise Awards, now in its seventh yr, has introduced its 2020 finalists symbolizing some of the country’s best black expertise throughout a variety of industries.
Launched in Britain in 2014, the awards aim to celebrate and recognise “the frequently unsung contributions of excellent black organization specialists and entrepreneurs” in arts and media, client and luxurious, entrepreneurs, financial providers, expert providers, and STEM (science, know-how, engineering and maths).
The finalists this year have been selected not only for their personalized and expert achievements, but in opposition to the tumultuous backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic and the resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement.
Melanie Eusebe and Sophie Chandauka, co-founders called this year’s finalists “some of the most decided and revolutionary black leaders in the British isles”.
“What significantly shines as a result of is the range of professions from a founder of a groundbreaking equine diet process to a e-book publisher and managing administrators at best financial businesses. These excellent persons need to be extremely proud of their achievements, they are inspiring the subsequent generation of black expertise to obstacle convention and observe in their footsteps.”
The Telegraph is a media lover for the awards, the main sponsors for which involve JP Morgan, Barclays, Baker McKenzie, Bloomberg, Facebook, Fortnum and Mason, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo.
The winners for just about every class will be introduced throughout a electronic awards ceremony on Oct 2.
Arts & Media Growing Star
- Magdalene Abraha – Publisher at Jacaranda Publications
- Malakaï Sargeant – Director of Theatre Peckham
- Nnena Nwakodo – Producer at Bartle Bogle Hegarty
Arts & Media Chief of the Calendar year
- Anthony Andrews – Co-founder and Artistic Director of We Are Parable
- Denise Maxwell – Director and Lead Photographer at Lensi Images
- Gail Babb – Lecturer and Deputy Director of BA Functionality at Goldsmith University
Shopper & Luxury Growing Star
- Iré Hassan-Odukale – Managing Director at Ikoyi
- Rachael Corson and Joycelyn Mate – Co-founders of Afrocenchix
- Sarah-Jane Bampoe-Addo – Senior Software Manager at Amazon
Shopper & Luxury Chief of the Calendar year
- Brandie Deignan – Managing Director at Marco Pierre White Restaurants
- Nigel and Victoria Ogunniyi – Co-founders of FAVOUR Catering and Functions
- Sandra Murphy – Founder of Equidiet British isles Ltd