Kyle Jamieson is RCB’s second major get currently in IPL 2021 auction is New Zealand’s Kyle Jamieson.
The players’ auction for the 14th version of Indian Premier League (IPL 2021) was concluded in Chennai on Thursday with Mumbai Indians bagging Arjun Tendulkar for his foundation value of Rs 20 Lakh. South African all-rounder Chris Morris surpassed Yuvraj Singh to turn out to be the most high priced get in the IPL auction record with Rajasthan Royals shelling out Rs 16.twenty five crore for his providers after a bidding war below.
Morris’ major shell out day came after an additional all-rounder, Australian Glenn Maxwell, once yet again managed to bring in a bid value of Rs fourteen.twenty five crore bid from Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Punjab Kings, who went into the auction with the greatest purse among 8 groups, paid Rs fourteen crore to rope in Australian pacer Jhye Richardson hoping he will plug the hole in its leaking bowling section.
The 24-calendar year-old, who has played two Assessments, 13 ODIs and nine T20Is for Australia, was the foremost wicket-taker in the recent Large Bash League.
Morris, who came with a foundation value of Rs 75 lakh, produced bids from four groups in advance of it became a struggle involving Royals and Punjab Kings.
Royals inevitably sealed it with a report bid which built Morris the costliest get at the auction ever, surpassing Yuvraj Singh, who was purchased by Delhi Capitals for Rs 16 crore in 2015.
The costliest player in the IPL remains Virat Kohli, retained for Rs seventeen crore by Royal Challengers Bangalore.
In 70 IPL games, Morris has scored 551 runs at 23.95 and taken 80 wickets at 23.ninety eight.
- Chris Morris: Rs 16.twenty five crore
- Kyle Jamieson: Rs 15 crore
- Glenn Maxwell: Rs fourteen.twenty five crore
- Jhye Richardson: Rs fourteen crore
- Krishnappa Gowtham: Rs 9.twenty five crore
The most high priced players purchased in an IPL auction
- Chris Morris – Rs16.twenty five crore in 2021 (Bought by RR)
- Yuvraj Singh – Rs 16.00 crore in 2015 (Bought by DC)
- Pat Cummins – Rs 15.50 crore in 2020 (Bought by KKR)
- Kyle Jamieson – Rs 15 crore in 2021 (Bought by RCB)
- Ben Stokes – Rs fourteen.50 crore in 2017 (Bought by RPS)
- Glenn Maxwell – Rs fourteen.twenty five crore in 2021 (Bought by ECB)
- Yuvraj Singh – Rs fourteen.00 crore in 2014 (Bought by RCB)
Workforce offered purse in advance of IPL auction 2021
Punjab Kings, previously known as Kings XIP Punjab, has greatest offered purse adopted by Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore. Whilst Kolkata Knight Riders (KK) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) have minimum amount offered purse going into the auction.
Remain tuned for comprehensive coverage of IPL 2021 players’ auction below